Post Graduate Diploma in International Business Strategy - INDIAN INSTITUTE OF FOREIGN TRADE
This program intends to develop competence in disciplines and skills associated with business strategy. It also introduces contemporary business strategy models and international trade practices. It aims to provide the guidance to think through international business strategies with a global perspective. In a nutshell, PGDIBS equips the present day managers with necessary competencies to formulate strategies in the global business scenario.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• The program is specifically designed for companies expanding/planning to expand their operations into international markets. The professionals of these organizations and also the entrepreneurs willing to go international can find the program useful.
• The program would also be useful for the professionals who are in the key decision making roles.
ABOUT IIFT NEW DELHI
• The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) was set up in 1963 by the Government of India. As an autonomous organization, it aims to professionalize the country's foreign trade management and increase exports by developing human resources; generating, analyzing and disseminating data; and conducting research.
• The institute's portfolio of long-term programs is diverse, catering to the requirements of aspiring international business executives and mid-career professionals alike.
• IIFT is a deemed university established under section 3 of the UGC Act, 1965 vide [Notification no. F 9-31/2001-U, 3 of the Government of India]. It is accredited by NAAC as a Grade ‘A’ institution.
PROGRAM STRUCTURE & DESIGN (Applicants are advised to go through the detailed program content also at www.bit.ly/pgdibsdpc)
Global Leadership Strategies
Cost Management Strategies
(Domestic and International)
International Marketing Strategies
Management of Indian Economy
Data Handling Strategies
International HR Strategies
Global Trade and Business Environment
Cultivating Ethics in Business
Forex Management Strategies
Value Chain Management Strategies
Global Mergers, Acquisition & Joint Ventures
Performance Management Strategies
Change Management Strategies
International Negotiation Strategies
Strategic Brand Management
Innovation and Competitive Strategies
Research Project on Developing a Global Business Plan Port Visit
CAMPUS VISIT DETAILS
There will be one mandatory campus visit in the beginning of each trimester. Each campus visit will be of 5 days. Exact dates shall be announced in the orientation session.
PROGRAM DESIGN AND DURATION
Duration: One year
Frequency: Twice a week
Class Schedule: Saturday,12:30 pm to 6:00 pm & Sunday, 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
Delivery: Through classes at NIIT Imperia Centre for Advanced Learning in your city*, using Synchronous
Learning Technology platform
The evaluation components to be adopted for a module would be indicated by the Course Coordinator to the class at the beginning of the module. This would cover teacher’s expectations and relative importance of each component. Evaluation scheme for students’ performance in each module will be having a minimum of four components besides end term examinations. Weightage for the end term would not exceed 40% of the total weightage. The other components may be in the form of the Class Quizzes, Home or Class or Surprise Assignments, Term Paper, Project, Case Analysis, Reading on Research Activities etc. as prescribed by the Course Coordinator.
As surprise components are in-built in the modules for evaluation, students are expected to be agile and alert. No make-up components will be provided, if the students miss the surprise components of a module.
The final decision on evaluation methods rests with the course faculty and may change without prior intimation.
Based on the CGPA, participants who successfully complete the course would be awarded Post Graduate Diploma in International Business Strategy. CGPA will be calculated as per Institute norms. Letter grading will be followed in each module. Further details will be provided in the Student Handbook of Information.
FEE AND PAYMENT SCHEDULE
• Program Fee: Rs. 2,60,000/-
• The fee above is inclusive of all academic charges & examinations
• A deferred payment facility exists with the following schedule:
- With Application#: Rs. 10,000/-
- On Registration: Rs. 94,000/-
- Instalment 1 (February 2012): Rs. 52,000/-
- Instalment 2 (April 2012): Rs. 52,000/-
- Instalment 3 (June 2012): Rs. 52,000/-
(Students to submit the PDCs towards future instalments as per the due dates at the time of registration)
• All fees are non-refundable. Fee can be paid by cash, or cheque/demand draft drawn in favour of ‘NIIT Ltd. Imperia Collection A/c’
Accommodation during the campus visits are not the responsibility of IIFT. The Institute may however facilitate accommodation during the campus visits subject to availability.
• Study Material Fee: Rs. 15,000/- (to be paid directly to IIFT at the time of registration)
• Alumni Fee: Rs. 5,000/- (to be paid directly to IIFT on completion of program)
#Initial payment will be refunded completely if the applicant is not selected for the program by the institute. This does not include the application amount of Rs. 1000/-
Initial payment will not be refunded in case of any/all of the following conditions:
• The application is found to be incomplete or inaccurate at any stage of scrutiny (appearing in the interview does not confirm application acceptance/clearance of scrutiny)
• The applicant is offered a seat for the program and does not join before the date mentioned in the offer letter
Dr. Mridula S. Mishra.
Select faculty from IIFT New Delhi will conduct this program. Profiles of the faculty are available on www.niitimperia.com and www.iift.edu For further information from IIFT contact: Ms. Nalini Meshram (Section Officer, ICCD)
Email id: email@example.com
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND SELECTION PROCESS
• Applicants should be working professionals/self-employed (need to produce supporting proof)
• Graduates (10+2+3) in any discipline with min. 50% marks [aggregate- considering results of all years (e.g. 3 or 4 together)]recognised by UGC/AICTE
• Minimum 8 years of work experience post completion of graduation is required as on November 1, 2011*
Eligible applicants will be selected on the basis of the assessment of background and motivation (Statement of Purpose - Annexure I of the Application Form) based on the application form submitted. IIFT can also call some applicants for further screening through a personal interview.
Selected applicants need to resubmit the latest proof of current employment at the time of registration
BANK LOAN INFORMATION
NIIT Imperia has worked out a Customised Education Loan Scheme with Leading Banks in order to encourage students to pursue the Executive Management Programs. The Scheme is innovatively designed to enable working executives to spread out the repayment over a period of up to 12,24 or 36 months. Final approval of the loan is subject to candidate fulfilling the necessary requirement laid by the bank. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure the payment by the bank is released in time.
For the complete details about bank loans and scholarship, visit http://www.niitimperia.com/node/91
For any queries or to chat with academic advisor between 8.00 am to 8.00 pm.